Of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons
Now, meeting in "Ryde"
, Isle of Wight
Needles Lodge celebrated their Centenary in May 2001. During this time we have had 91 Masters, 13 Treasurers, 20 Secretaries and 17 Directors of Ceremonies. In 1918 the Assistant Secretary was the holder of the Victoria Cross. Our Centenary Meeting was attended by 105 Masons including the then Provincial Grand Master, R.W.Bro. Ernest F.R. Moss. The rededication of the Lodge banner and a thanksgiving service took place after which we retired to the Farringford Hotel for the after proceedings.
We take our name from the famous Isle of Wight Rock and Lighthouse. Until the summer of 2015 we used meet in this lovely Lodge Room. Times change and the Lodge now meets in Ryde Isle of Wight at the Temple in John Street
We pride ourselves in being a very friendly Lodge and are always pleased to receive Masonic visitors. Please contact the Secretary first. Also, Masons retiring to the Isle of Wight will be more than welcome not only to visit but to become Joining Members.
We run a number of social events each year when wives and friends are able to get involved.
Meetings - 1st Wed Oct-Jun (Inst November)
Further Information Required please Contact the
More historical information within these booklets which have yet to be scanned in.