BOURNEMOUTH MASONIC HOLIDAY 2016
The Bournemouth Masonic holiday is once again being held next year at the Mayfair Hotel in Bournemouth from Saturday 25 June to Saturday 9 July. This initiative, which is organised by the Bournemouth Holiday Committee, provides a two week break for those who would not otherwise be in a position to enjoy a holiday and is based on need. The Province sponsors a number of applicants and is now seeking the cooperation of Lodge Almoners in identifying suitable brethren their wives/partners or widows from their lodges.
- Participants must make their own travel arrangements to and from Bournemouth.
- They must be able to look after themselves and be mobile without assistance (other than from their spouse or helper with them) on the holiday.
- The hotel is regrettably not fully equipped to deal with disabled residents.
- They should be able to get on and off a coach without assistance in order that they can take advantage of the coach trips arranged during the holiday.
- Although principally intended for brethren and their wives/partners, two widows or even two brethren who have lost their spouses, are welcome; provided they are willing to share a room.
What can you do?
The Province is now accepting applications, (Telephone for the form), from Lodge Almoners for the summer 2016 holiday. An application form for consideration for next year’s holiday, ideally two applicants from each area within the Province, should be forwarded to the Provincial Grand Almoner, c/o the Provincial Office, by 31st March 2016. Please note that those who have enjoyed a Masonic holiday since January 2012 may also be nominated but will be given a lower priority if applications exceed the number of places available.
Finally brethren, caring for our Masonic brethren, wives/partners and widows is a fundamental part of Freemasonry and this initiative, now in its 39th year, continues to work due to your efforts. Please help those who may be in a less fortunate position than others.
W. Bro. Ray Turner
Bournemouth Lodges’ Holiday